Thursday, July 24, 2008

Run. Its a jungle out there

All the practice paid off. I could complete a 5Km marathon , non-stop. I completed the race in 31.37min. good achievemnt for a beginner. A pat on my own back :). Best part, I got a bib with number 100. i will update my position once I get to know it.

In the practice run the winner had achieved 23.28mins. My aim was to complete in 30mins. But narrowly missed the mark. In the qualifying a different winner emerged. He finished the race in 20.20 min. Sadly the old winner could not complete. He retired hurt after experiencing severe cramps in his somach. The last person to qualify finished the race in 24.55min. My weekend running partner narrowly missed being qualified clocking 24.58.

My first lap was completed in 15.45min, and the second one in 15.52. Quite consistent I must say. But I was far away from qualifying. But a good timing to begin. Waiting for the next marathon.

All this is being organised for a marathon to be held at olde Bangalore organised by Runners for life. The event is Urban stampede.


Update: I came 50th. A total of 82 runners completed the run. Thank god, i wasn't last

No comments: