Friday, April 30, 2010

TOW I almost got slapped

That pretty young thing (PYT) which meets me everyday in the bus-stop smiled at me today. We got talking, one thing led to another and ... baaam... there comes my bus. We sit next to each other and continue the topic we were talking on.

PYT: DO you like silica?
Me: Errr... (all confused) well.. yes.
me thinking: May me she is too forward. These phoreeners can talk about anything. All this is very new to me. May be its no big deal to talk about silica the first time you meet some-one. May be....(censor board intervenes)

PYT: You know, actually they are good. Built for performance. Thats why they are being sold like hot cakes.
me: Hot, I agree. But cake? I dont mind calling it cake.

PYT: they are quite small actually. Not as big as they appear to be.
Me: Small? I thought you get them in any size. I have seen pretty huge ones before.

PYT: (confused) what do you mean sizes?... Oh I got it, they actually come in only 2  sizes.  coupes and sedans.
ME: Errr.... (is she crazy, first she calls them cake, now cars, what all does she compare "those" to? )

PYT: You know, I have silica. The smaller one.
Me: (about to faint, don't know what to say. Be good to others, said HE) Oh thats nice.

PYT: (confused). Since I don't find parking by the time I reach office, I prefer the bus.

This is when it clicked me, we were continuing the talk we had started about before boarding the bus. Cars.
BTW She was talking about this.
I was talking about... you know what.

ME: My stop. I need to get down.
PYT: but you get down 2 stops later everyday.
ME: mumbling something under my breath

Note 1 to self: Concentrate on the topic. Don't get diverted however hot they might be.
Note 2 to self: from tomorrow, take the earlier bus. She might have figured out what you were talking about.

3 comments:

KIP ! said...

Damn funny man. Even I couldn't have though about any other 'Celica'.

What is TOW?

Kim said...

TOW is a copy from FRIENDS. All their episodes are TOW
The One With....

Here I meant The One Where

smAARATI said...

Seriously? You need to concentrate more on topic than a hot thing!
you got down two stops earlier after this? Dude, anyway there are limited people who travel in a bus regularly and you blowing your chances off doing such things!!
huh....