Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The year that was

Overall this year was good to me. Not many things happened this past year, however a couple of good things found their way into my plate.
1. Completed a full marathon in Jan and  another one in November. Both were with almost the same finish times. The one in Jan was exciting because I had gone in with a lot of preparation and excitement to see where I would end up. I was in the top 1000 and it felt good. The second marathon was more of a been there done that kind of a thing. I always wanted to run a marathon outside India. It so happened that the Philadelphia marathon did not require a qualifying time to enter. So I completed the Philadelphia marathon in November. I was excited about this marathon because I wanted to experience a reputed marathon outside India.

2. I  moved out to the US for a short term. It so happened that I ended up in the same place I was before. So I did not face any hassles which come with moving.

3. I got a chance to do a road trip after a long time. I drove a total distance of 4000KM in 7 days and enjoyed it.

For the coming year I look forward to a couple of things.
1. Spend more time with my family.
2. I have a couple more reputed marathons lined up for the end of the year. So I have a lot of travel and training to look forward to.

I also plan to more active on this blog

Here's wishing you a happy new year. May a lot of good things bump into you this year.

3 comments:

Kit said...

I liked it how you came back to blogger to write the "new year's resolution" post.
I checked for your wordpress account, bur maybe chrome has some kind of buffer, I was not able to find your wordpress account (Sorry for not bookmarking it).
BTW, Did you see how my comment started with "I liked it how..."? I dont know if you know, understand or still remember its significance...

Kit said...

The "I liked it how..." was in reference to Shantaram. I read it this Jan. Not the full book since it got boring at the end. But enough to know that you would have liked the Bombay visualized by the author.

Kim said...

I have been breaking my head since 17 Jan trying to figure out where the line was referenced.
I even thought it referred to 'The One on the Last Night' from friends where Rachel says 'I leave small notes on the bathroom mirror' and Monica says 'I like to read while I am in the bathroom' Did not make sense and could not respond